About Base Two
Base Two is a multi-city company of experienced developers working together to turn ideas into beautiful software. We work as individuals and teams with small and large companies — local and abroad — to improve processes around software development and deliver user-focused products and applications.
We strive to be a forward-thinking and constantly improving collection of knowledgeable individuals. We work together to exceed what we could do alone. Openness, honesty, and empathy are the building blocks of our culture.
Hallmarks of a Base Two Employee
- Values self-improvement and keeping up on trends and best-practices.
- Communicates clearly and respectfully with clients and teammates in both in-person and remote settings.
- Has a teamwork mentality, where all are willing to work together to come to the best solution for any given situation.
- Strives to be confident in abilities, curious about what is not known, and willing to share knowledge with others.
- Driven to create the best solutions, not just for clients, but also for other developers and end users.
Day in the Life
The work and activities of Base Two team members may change day-to-day, but there are general expectations that remain the same.
What We Expect
- Openness, honesty, and empathy
- Clear team communication
- Being understanding and constructive in conversations
- Eagerness for self-improvement
- Desire to strengthen Base Two’s operations, sustainability, and growth
What We DO NOT Expect
- A team member to know everything
- Every member is at their desk at all times
- Working as many hours as possible
- Unquestioning agreement with the way things are
What We Offer
We offer great benefits so that the life portion of work-life balance can be more enjoyable and less stressful.
- Free employee health, dental, and vision plans that are fully employer-paid
- 401k plan with a 3% guaranteed employer contribution
- At least 15 paid vacation days per year
- 12 paid floating holidays per year
- Unlimited sick days
- Flexible work schedule/location
- Employee’s choice of machine and peripherals
- Ergonomic desks and chairs (for on-site and remote employees)
Our Interview Process
After reviewing resumes, portfolios and any other material submitted with an application, we schedule a Small Team Interview with the candidates we are interested in meeting. In this meeting, two members of Base Two meet with a candidate either in-person or via a video call. The goal of the Small Team Interview is to answer any questions the candidate has about our company and processes, and learn what the candidate is interested in so we can determine if their skillset aligns with our present needs. If we think it might be a good fit, we schedule a Full Team Interview with the candidate. We strive to communicate each candidate’s status with them every step of the way.
We’re looking for a mid- to senior-level front-end developer who has professional experience with React.
- Professional experience creating applications with React
- Competency with React concepts and patterns such as hooks, state, and component lifecycle
- Familiarity with cross-browser compatibility testing
- Competency using debugging tools and troubleshooting
- Comfortable with direct client contact and communication
Technologies We Frequently Use
- React Native
- CSS (Sass, Styled Components)
- Git source control